Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm Back

Well I'm back. It's been four years since my last post. I apologize to those who looked forward to my posts. Four years ago this August a morning emergency room visit became a life changer. The words "You have CANCER" shook me to the core. Surgery and chemo kept me alive but with unpleasant side effects, mainly nerve damage.Now there is not a day that goes by that pain and numbness are not a part of my new life. During these past four years the VA determined I had other health issued from my military service. The military used a word for me FUBAR. I'll let you figure that one out. Add to my health issues I battled over these recent years I had to try to help my mother with her health issues till she passed away two years ago. Anyway that has been my life while gone not very pleasant but I'm Alive. Things have not been easy and economics have been harder. Dreams of a small cottage or boat seemed to have vanished but you learn whats important, like family and friends. Don't let time slip by without telling them how much you love them, they are worth more than anything else. During my down time when I couldn't get to the water/beach I took up gardening which has it's own joys and disappointments. The sound of the surf hitting the beach kept calling me and finally I'm back. Surfs Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment